Pigeon wishes to appoint a Development Co-ordinator to assist the Development Team with planning and technical matters from land appraisal and feasibility to the point of disposal of the land or built form. As a member of the Development Team (DT), you will assist with planning and technical matters. You will be qualified to a minimum of HNC level in a construction related discipline and ideally have at least 3 years post qualification experience. This experience will have been gained whilst working for either consultants, house builders, developers or contractors. You will have a working knowledge of planning and technical matters related to all aspects of mixed-use schemes and have a good understanding of the development process from land appraisal to sale. You will have excellent communication and co-ordination skills and be a self-motivated, dedicated, hard-working team player who is also able to work autonomously. The Development Co-ordinator will report to Simon Butler-Finbow, Planning Director.
- Assist the DT with technical appraisals on sites being considered for promotion/acquisition to inform of any constraints and opportunities to development by undertaking web based research including, amongst other things, LIDAR, geological mapping, flood mapping, contoured plans, location plans, OS data, digital title boundaries, historical mapping.
- Assist the DT with obtaining, amongst others, a full suite of surveys e.g. topographical, underground services trace, asbestos, condition, site investigation, contamination assessment, structural, arboricultural, party wall, ecological and services enquiries.
- Maintain project management documentation e.g. Project database, DT gant chart, PI certification, letters of reliance and site layout folder.
- Prepare village/town plans, concept plans, site plans, area plans and display board material using Cad.
- Attend project meetings as required.
- Assist the DT with the discharging of any planning conditions.
- Assist the DT with collating documentation for upload to the data room used to market sites.
- Cad up transfer and contract plans as drafted by the DT.
- Active involvement in community engagement exercises.
- Assist the DT with the continued improvement of a central filing system, database and procedures for DT and the wider company.
- Assist with general administration, project support and other duties as necessary.
- You will be required to proactively liaise with other members of internal and external teams. External parties might include, amongst others, clients, investors, local planning and highways authorities, registered providers (housing association’s), surveyors, environmental and design consultants, statutory undertakers, contractors and members of the public. The ability to communicate clearly and develop good working relationships with all stakeholders at all levels and at all times is essential.
Please apply in strict confidence to:
Emma Conley, HR Manager.
Pigeon Investment Management Limited, Linden Square, 146 Kings Road, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3DJ.