Pigeon wishes to appoint a Principal Planner to work with its Planning Director on its fast growing land and property portfolio. The successful candidate will have experience of working in both public and private sectors and will be able to demonstrate a commercial approach to development. High levels of numeracy, literacy and IT skills are required along with the ability to be an integral part of a team which delivers a wide range of projects. This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious individual looking for an exciting career in a successful, privately owned property company.
The primary objective of the Principal Planner will be to increase Pigeon’s capacity to evaluate opportunities, manage schemes and deliver projects. More specifically the work will involve, amongst many other things the following:
- Preparation of planning appraisals.
- Preparation of planning, infrastructure and exit strategies.
- 106/CIL Evaluations.
- Community Engagement.
- Political and Community Auditing.
- Implementation of project budgets.
- Project management.
- Supervision of professional service firms and consultants.
- Reporting to investors, landowners, and funders on the progress of projects.
- Working with the directors to identify and secure new projects.
The Principal Planner will report to and work with Simon Butler-Finbow, Planning Director, in delivering planning services to the Pigeon companies and will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Chartered Town Planner
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in the public sector.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in the private sector.
- Good knowledge of the planning system and how it can be used to optimise the value of development projects.
- High standards of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team but without the need for close supervision.
- A strong personality which encourages good working relationships with colleagues, other professionals and principals.
- Strong ambition to succeed in a privately owned, successful property company.
Please apply in strict confidence to:
Emma Conley, HR Manager.
Pigeon Investment Management Limited, Linden Square, 146 Kings Road, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3DJ.